About the program
The Career Advantage is a program that provides career guidance through a series of learning experiences, counselling, diagnostic testing, work readiness and work experience. This program has been specially designed to prepare individuals for their future careers.
The program will give you a portfolio of experience and will link you to an e-resume portal, which you can use to create and manage your CV.
The Career Advantage Program covers:
- Business communication
- Interview skills
- Work readiness activities
The program also includes a work experience component that ensures you are prepared for the challenges of developing your career once your study is complete.
The Australian Workplace
- The Australian workplace is generally informal but highly professional.1
- Australia has a highly multicultural workforce, with more than 200 languages spoken in the workplace.2
- Australia’s main trading partners are China and Japan.3
- The median annual starting salary for new graduates aged less than 25 and in their first full-time employment in Australia is $48,000.4
- Australia ranks 26th on the International Satisfaction with Life Index.5
- 1&2. Australian Government
- 3. Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- 4. Graduate Careers, Graduate Outlook 2009 Snapshot
- 5. Adrian White, Analytic Social Psychologist. University of Leicester